Wednesday 8 February 2012

The history of "Fur and Feathers"

A bit more than half a year ago, in June 2011, I drew a comic page with knowing barely anything about the characters involved and exactly nothing about the events which led to the particular scene I was drawing. What started as a mere pasttime soon turned into a strong interest in these characters´ respective past and future.
So I began to work on their story, researched the time and location where the action takes place (who would have thought that a simple question as how people used to send letters about 200 years ago could be this interesting!) and so on. Now I finally reached the point to start with the actual drawing.

There will be - at least at the moment - no regular update of my webcomic "Fur and Feathers" as my studies keep me on the go and it takes me some time to finish a single comic page. Aside from this it is my first comic project so far (not included what I did with pen and paper when I was a (half-grown) child, of yourse). But I hope to eventually find a rhythm and to increase my pace of work.
Usually I will upload a black and white version of the final page first, before adding colour as this again will not be done overnight.


(As for the font I used in the header, the picture with the two bears, it is called "Dandelion in the Spring", created and copyrighted by Brittney Murphy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment